The Blameless platform offers integration with Pingdom that allows you to monitor cloud-scale applications, servers, databases, tools, and services. Use the Blameless-Pingdom integration to add “Availability” and “Latency” SLI metrics to the Blameless platform. This seamless integration allows for you to create SLOs and their corresponding error budgets within the Blameless platform using Pingdom metrics.
Boost your view of the incident by:
- Enhanced SLI event data regarding the triggering
- Build urgency levels based on severity
- Realize Incident status in near real time synchronization
Get metrics from Pingdom in real time to:
- Create new SLOs
- Enable error budgets for your SLOs
- Create Blameless incidents based on error budget thresholds
Configure the Pingdom Integration
Start by launching the Blameless application.
- Select the Settings icon.
- Select the Integration option.
- Select the Metrics Suboption.
- Click on the Pingdom “Manage” button.
The User should have a Pingdom account with at least one checkbox selected here:
The User should have a minimum Permission level of "Member". Refer to the following figure for an example.
Fetch the Pingdom API Token
Follow the instructions located in the Pingdom link below.
You will need to copy the Token from the Pingdom site to the Blameless / Pingdom Integration pane.2. Go to Blameless web application settings window, paste the saved values into the Pingdom integration settings pane, and click on the “Enable Pingdom” slider. 3. Click the “Save” button.
Additional API reference material is available in the Pingdom API Reference page.
Testing the Integration
To test the integration, you need to have at least one service created within the Service Registry.
- Create and define an SLI in the Blameless web application.
- Click on the desired SLI Type for Pingdom:
- Select “Pingdom” under the “Select Data Source” drop-down.
- Select the desired value in the "Pingdom checks" drop-down.
- Click “Save”.