The Blameless platform offers integration with AppDynamics that allows you to monitor metrics that can be consumed within the SLO module in addition to Service Registry.
From the AppDynamics Home dashboard, retrieve the following data points:
Copy the Blameless API Client token
- Select Settings (gear icon) in the upper right corner of the AppDynamics Home dashboard. A dropdown option list appears.
- Select the Administration option.
- Select API Client tab on the administration window.
- Select the Blameless API Client. An information pane opens containing the details regarding the API client.
- Locate the Temporary Access Token.
- Click on the double page icon to the right of the token field to copy the Token value.
- Open or switch windows to the Blameless application
- Select the Settings (gear) icon.
- Select the AppDynamics app from the Integration list.
- Select the Enable AppDynamics slider to activate it.
- Scroll down to the AppDynamics API token field.
- Paste the copied AppDynamics API Client token in the text field.
Copy the Blameless HTTP API URL
- Switch to the AppDynamics dashboard.
- Copy the URL Format should resemble the following:
https://<blameless API Client URL>.appdynamics.com/
- Switch back to the Blameless application.
- Scroll down to the AppDynamics HTTP API url field.
- Paste the copied URL.
- Click Save.
Add and Configure the SLI
If you are interested in trying or learning more about our SLO module, please reach out to your customer success manager.
- Select the Blameless SLO Manager (target) icon on the left nav menu.
- Select the Service Registry option under the SRE Menu.
- Create a new Service from the top right corner button.
- Enter a service name.
- Enter the service description.
- Navigate to the newly created Service.
- Click the Define SLI button in the SLIS tab:
- Enter the name of the SLI and provide an optional SLI definition.
- Select either Availability or Latency.
- Select the AppDynamics Logo (this sets the data source).
- Select the Application from the AppDynamics Application dropdown.
- Wait for the metric paths to populate, once it is no longer greyed out click into this and start typing your “Metric Path”. There will be an autocomplete that you will need to select from.
- Click Save and once successful a message will appear, and the modal will close.
Testing the Integration
To test the integration, you need to have at least one service created within Service Registry.
- Select the SLO portal icon (target) on the Blameless web application navigation menu.
- Click on Service Registry and select a service from the list or create a new one.
- Click on + Define SLI in the top right
- Name the SLI and enter a description
- Select the SLI type (Availability or Latency)
- Click on the AppDynamics button under the Select Data Source label to choose AppDynamics as the datasource.
- Confirm that the AppDynamics Application can be selected from the dropdown.