The Blameless platform offers integration with Datadog that allows you to monitor cloud-scale applications, servers, databases, tools, and services, through a SaaS-based data analytics platform.
Use the Blameless-Datadog integration to add your SLI metrics to the Blameless platform. This seamless integration allows for you to create SLOs and their corresponding error budgets within the Blameless platform using any Datadog metrics.
Boost your view of the incident by:
- Enhanced SLI data regarding the triggering event
- Build urgency levels based on the severity data provided
- Realize Incident status in near real time with syncronization
Get metrics from Datadog in real time to:
- Create new SLOs
- Enable error budgets for your SLOs
- Create Blameless incidents based on error budget burn thresholds
You will need to collect the following from your Datadog Administrator level account:
- Datadog API key
Note: To create the API key, you will need to have Admin level permissions.
- Datadog Application key
- Follow the instructions located in the Datadog link below. You will need to copy the keys from the Datadog site to the Blameless / Datadog Integration pane. https://docs.datadoghq.com/account_management/api-app-keys/
- Go to Blameless web application settings window, paste the saved values into the Datadog integration settings pane, and click on the “Enable Datadog” slider.
- Click “Save”.
Additional Datadog API reference material is available in the[Datadog API Reference page]. (https://docs.datadoghq.com/api/)
Testing the Integration
- Select the SLO portal icon (target) on the Blameless web application navigation menu.
- Create and define an SLO in the Blameless web application.
- Click on the “Datadog” button under the Select Data Source label to choose Datadog as the datasource.
- Click on the Latency button. Copy and paste the Datadog Latency metric from into the Blameless SLO Latency.
- Complete the steps to create the SLO and click “Save”.