The Blameless platform offers an integration with Opsgenie that allows you to:
- Auto-trigger an Opsgenie alert for selected Opsgenie services with the creation of a Blameless incident by the team that owns the services.
- Manually trigger Opsgenie alerts on-demand within an incident channel in Slack or Microsoft Teams.
Triggering an alert manually in a Blameless incident channel in Slack or Microsoft Teams will only work with either Pagerduty or Opsgenie. Only one alert management system can be enabled at a time. You need to disable the integration with Pagerduty to be able to enable the integration with Opsgenie and allow incident responders to trigger alerts to Opsgenie from Slack or Microsoft Teams.
First you will need to generate an API key in your Opsgenie account and enable the Opsgenie integration in Blameless using this API key. A subscription to Opsgenie Standard or Enterprise is required.
- Create API Key
- Go to your Opsgenie account (https://<your_instance_name>.app.opsgenie.com/settings/integration/) and select Settings → Integrations.
- Select Add Integration → API and complete all required fields.
- Verify that Restrict Configuration Access is unchecked.
- Ensure that other access permissions are enabled.
- Note: The Suppress Notification permission is not required.
- Copy the generated Opsgenie API key and save the new integration.
- Enable the integration in Blameless
- In Blameless, select Settings → Integrations → Alerting and, in the Opsgenie row, select Manage.
- In the Enable Opsgenie field, enable the slider.
- In the Opsgenie Instance URL field, enter the full URL of your Opsgenie instance (e.g. https://<your_instance_name>.app.opsgenie.com/).
- In the Opsgenie API Key field, paste the API key.
- Select Save.
Configuration for Incident Types
Blameless, upon initiating an incident, can automatically trigger an alert within Opsgenie teams.
- In Blameless, select Settings → Incident Workflows → Incident Types, then select an incident type.
- In the Opsgenie Auto-Trigger Incidents field, enable the slider.
- Click Save.
Customers should contact Blameless support to get their unique URL for the Opsgenie Webhook.
You will need to append the following two values to the end of the Blameless-provided URL for your Opsgenie/Blameless Integration:
- Incident Type
The incident type value is case sensitive so verify that your type matches the incident type label in the Blameless incident type field.
The severity field will ignore the SEV portion of SEV 0 and pick up the numeric value 0 only.
A severity 1 incident associated with the DEFAULT incident type within Blameless will look like this:
Remember to append a question-mark ? between the URL and Incident / Severity elements when appending the string.
After confirming the URL with Blameless support, review Integrate Opsgenie with Webhook for detailed instructions.
- How to manually trigger an Opsgenie alert in Slack.
- How to manually trigger an Opsgenie alert in Microsoft Teams.
Article is closed for comments.