Incidents within an organization are usually dealt with by an Incident Response Team (IRT), or an Incident Management Team (IMT). These team roles are often defined beforehand or (in emergency situations) during the event.
Although some of the details vary by company, their product(s), and the severity of the effect on the world outside of the company (i.e., a small company will probably not have the same effect as say a nuclear plant), the roles assigned normally consist of common elements. For example:
- Comms Lead
- Operations Lead
- Technical Lead
- Product Owner
Update an incident type
- In the left sidebar of the Blameless UI, select Settings.
- Expand Incident Workflows and select Incident Types.
- To manage and configure settings for your new incident type, select the incident type name from the list of incident types.
Incident type settings are organized into the following expandable/collapsible categories:
- Manage Incident Details: Incident channel naming and privacy, timestamp and video conferencing recording.
- Invite & Notify Team Members: Make incident announcements in your messaging channels and invite selected team members to join the dedicated incident channels.
- Trigger Alerts: Notify responders of the selected services via your alerting tools.
- Create Ticketing: Automatically create incidents for tickets and link follow-up actions for easier progress tracking.
- Assign Roles & Tasks: Assign team members with a role and the designated task checklist to help the team move forward faster and seamlessly collaborate.
- Create Retrospective Reports: Provide a retrospective template. Record and analyze what went wrong and how the team resolved the incident.
To learn more about fields within each category, and their purpose, see Creating Incident Types.