Reliability Insights are Blameless's data visualization product that facilitates easy pattern identification across incidents, teams, and learnings. It enables teams to quickly analyze DevOps data at a macro-level (e.g., overview of site reliability) while supporting deeper dives into specific services.
Data visualizations are conveyed in highly-configurable tiles that combine to present knowledge in a dashboard format. Blameless provides a series of out-of-the-box dashboards, and also empowers users to create their own custom dashboards and tiles populated by user-created queries.
Blameless provides a series of dashboards that enable you to quickly visualize key metrics across popular Blameless features, such as:
- Tag categories
- Incident timings
- Hours in incidents
These ready to use dashboards, termed Blameless Boards, are designed to provide instant data visualizations without modification. To create unique dashboards, see Custom below.
Custom dashboards provide you with the tools needed to create your own tiles and dashboards from the ground up. The creation process offers complex querying in an easy-to-use three step graphical workflow:
- Select fields
- Refine data
- Visualize data
Visualization options include tables and popular BI charts, such as bar charts, area chart, scatter plot, line / multi-line charts, pie, and radar charts.
Completion of the configuration process results in a tile that can be re-sized, exported, moved, and duplicated between boards.
Creating a custom board and tile
In this walkthrough, we will introduce how to create a new board, add a new tile, and how to select a data source. To continue the process, see our detailed instructions around Reliability Insights to learn how to formulate a query and produce a data visualization.
- Start by creating a new dashboard -- select the + plus icon in the top-left and select Create from scratch. Alternatively, select Create from existing board to use another dashboard as a starting point.
- In the Board Name field, enter a name and then select Create. In this example, we will use Incident Analysis Q3.
- The new board appears under the Custom Boards section in the left sidebar.
- In the top right corner, select + Add Tile.
- The Select Data Source dialog appears.
- For this example, select Incident Management and select Confirm.
- Note: Other options include Identity Management and Comments. These options are used to refine query fields, options, and filters in subsequent steps. To learn more about Data Sources, see our detailed instructions for Reliability Insights.
- A new blank tile appears -- select Build Tile Query.
- At this stage, you can proceed with selecting data fields, refining the data, and then selecting an appropriate chart or table for data visualization.
- To learn more about building a query, see Building Queries.
Article is closed for comments.