The Blameless / ServiceNow integration allows you to:
- Automatically create a ServiceNow incident when a Blameless incident is created
- Create follow-up actions as ServiceNow tickets during Blameless incidents and postmortems
You may only have one ticketing integration enabled at a time.
- Launch the Blameless web application.
- Select the Settings icon and expand the Integrations list.
- Click on Ticketing and select the ServiceNow integration.
You must have a Service Now account. Refer to the following link for more information: https://signon.service-now.com/ssoregister.do?redirectUri=https://servicenowsignon.okta.com/app/template_saml_2_0/k317zlfESMUHAFZFXMVB/sso/saml
Enter the “Instance ID” in the Blameless web application.
- Once the account has been created, Blameless will need an Instance ID as part of the Integration process to activate the Blameless integration.
- The Instance ID is composed of the following structure:
Users can authenticate their Blameless / ServiceNow integration in two ways:
- Use the username and password combination (Green box)
- Use the OAuth client id and OAuth Client secret (Red box)
You will need at least one of these to save and launch the ServiceNow integration.
Set the Application registry key
Refer to the following URL for Registry key instructions.
Enabling the Integration
- Select “Enable ServiceNow”.
- Enter the Username / Password or OAuth Client ID / OAuth Client Secret that you created for the integration.
- Click “Save”. Incident tickets will now be logged through ServiceNow.
Testing the Integration
- To launch an Incident: Click on the Incident (Flame) icon on the Blameless web application left navigation menu, then click on the “Add Incident” button.
- Complete the following fields:
- Type (of Incident)
- Severity (of Incident)
- Description (of Incident)
- Click the “Start Incident” button.
- Locate the ServiceNow ticket icon in the Incident header.