The Blameless platform offers integration with New Relic that allows you to monitor metrics that can be consumed within the SLO module in addition to Service Registry.
From the New Relic Home dashboard, retrieve the following data points:
Copy the Blameless API Client token
- Select Account Settings in the upper right corner of the New Relic Home Page. A dropdown option list appears.
- Select API Keys under the Integrations section on the left nav bar
- Click Create REST API key
- Click show and copy the REST API key provided.
- Open or switch windows to the Blameless application
- Select the Settings (gear) icon.
- Select the New Relic app from the Integration list.
- Select the Enable New Relic slider to activate it.
- Scroll down to the New Relic API token field.
- Paste the copied New Relic API key in the text field.
Copy the Blameless HTTP API URL
- The New Relict URL will always be: https://api.newrelic.com/v2
- Paste the copied URL from above into the appropriate field.
- Click Save.
Add and Configure the SLI
If you are interested in trying or learning more about our SLO module, please reach out to your customer success manager.
- Select the Blameless SLO Manager (target) icon on the left nav menu.
- Select the Service Registry option under the SRE Menu.
- Create a new Service from the top right corner button.
- Enter a service name.
- Enter the service description.
- Navigate to the newly created Service.
- Click the Define SLI button in the SLIS tab:
- Enter the name of the SLI and provide an optional SLI definition.
- Select either Availability or Latency.
- Select the New Relic Logo (this sets the data source).
- Select the Application from the New Relic Application dropdown.
- Wait for the metric paths to populate, once it is no longer greyed out click into this and start typing your “Metric Path”. There will be an autocomplete that you will need to select from.
- Click Save and once successful a message will appear, and the modal will close.
Testing the Integration
To test the integration, you need to have at least one service created within Service Registry.
- Select the SLO portal icon (target) on the Blameless web application navigation menu.
- Click on Service Registry and select a service from the list or create a new one.
- Click on + Define SLI in the top right
- Name the SLI and enter a description
- Select the SLI type (Availability or Latency)
- Click on the New Relic button under the Select Data Source label to choose New Relic as the datasource.
- Confirm that the New Relic Application can be selected from the dropdown.