The Blameless platform offers integration with Datadog that allows you to monitor cloud-scale applications, servers, databases, tools, and services, through a SaaS-based data analytics platform.
You will need to collect the following from your Datadog account:
Datadog API key
To create the API key, you will need to have Admin level permissions.
Datadog Application key
Follow the instructions located in the Datadog link below. You will need to copy the keys from the Datadog site to the Blameless / Datadog Integration pane.
Go to Blameless web application settings window, paste the saved values into the Datadog integration settings pane, and click on the “Enable Datadog” slider.
Testing the Integration
To test the integration, you need to have at least one service created within Service Registry.
- Select the SLO portal icon (target) on the Blameless web application navigation menu.
- Create and define an SLO in the Blameless web application.
- Click on the “Datadog” button under the Select Data Source label to choose Datadog as the datasource.
- Click on the Latency button. Copy and paste the Datadog Latency metric from into the Blameless SLO Latency.
- Complete the steps to create the SLO and click “Save”.